The Alpha Course – starts on Monday 20th September at 7.30pm – This year we using the new technology to hold it in our wonderful Church building!
What is it? Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian Faith.
Who is it for? Alpha is for anyone who is curious. The talks are designed to encourage conversation and explore the basics of the Christian faith in a friendly, open and informal environment. No question is out of bounds and you are free to discuss as much or as little as you wish.
How does it work? This year Alpha is going online for the first time. The details are still being finalized but there will be about eleven sessions roughly following this pattern:
- Welcome and introduction – we catch up with one another,
- a 25/30 minute film introducing an aspect of the Christian faith,
- a short break for refreshments – hopefully cake!
- a 45 minute discussion, not ‘grill the vicar’ but a chance to discuss big questions in a relaxed, respectful environment,
- a short wrapping up time led by Stephen.
There will also be a longer session on a Saturday morning mid-way through the course. At any point, if you think Alpha isn’t for you, that’s no problem. There’s no pressure, no follow up and no charge. But for those who join we can continue the discussion through the week via email if needed.
Contact Stephen, the Vicar, if you are interested, his details are at the bottom of the Website home page
Download a flyer with dates here: Alpha Dates 2021